In June 2018, Heather Russell became the new Chief Legal Officer at the consumer finance and credit score company ‘TransUnion’ which is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.
Heather will also serve on the company’s Executive Committee. Her responsibilities include consumer privacy projects, government relations, corporate governance/compliance, and many other corporate legal matters.
Heather Russell has worked in the legal and finance field for more than 20 years. Prior to joining TransUnion, she worked for the law firm of Buckley Sander, LLP, in their financial regulations and in their FinTech (financial technology) practices.
Heather Russell’s extensive legal and financial background has involved the following:
- Fifth Third Bank – Chief Legal Office, Corporate Secretary, and Executive Vice President
- Bank of New York Mellon – Global Managing Director, Global Head of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs
- Bank of America – Senior Vice President, Associate General Counsel
Heather Russell graduated with a Bachelors of Art degree from the College of William and Mary and a Juris Doctorate with high honors from Washington College of Law of American University.
Ms. Russell’s first job after college was with the prestigious law firm of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom, LLP. Her responsibilities at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom, LLP included managing their financial services and corporate mergers.
Ms. Russell has also worked as an adjunct professor at Boston University’s School of Law. She led classes in Fintech and the national and international banking environment.
TransUnion is the third largest reporting credit bureau within the U.S. TransUnion collects, protects, and monitor consumers and lenders personal credit information. Additionally, TransUnion also provides the following services:
- portfolio management for consumers and businesses
- identify, verify, and authenticate consumer and commercial credit information
- marketing and audience grouping statistics
- healthcare management software to monitor patient service revenues
- customer data, consulting, and management solutions
TransUnion provides other services in the field of fraud detection and prevention.
Official source: https://www.crunchbase.com/person/heather-russell-koenig